About Jill Barry
As a mother, volunteer, and public servant, Jill has long been a champion for Glastonbury.
Prior to her election to the State House in 2018, Jill served as Vice Chair of the Glastonbury Town Council. She worked hard to build relationships across the aisle to get things done, and she knows how to find common ground to accomplish the common good. During her time on the Council, Jill assisted businesses seeking to expand or relocate. She initiated and passed the “Tobacco Free Parks” program in Glastonbury after hearing concerns from parents and coaches who saw people smoking near children at baseball games.
The people of Glastonbury know that if they have a concern, Jill will listen and work for a solution. Since entering the legislature, she has held numerous town hall meetings and community forums on important matters like the state budget, gun violence prevention, school reopening, and more. She has worked behind the scenes with small businesses and individuals to help navigate the challenges of grants, unemployment claims, and other assistance programs.
Jill’s commitment to public service goes beyond her work in the General Assembly. She has been a Girl Scout Leader, a Religious Education Teacher at St. Dunstan’s Church, and she always makes time to volunteer at her children’s schools. The Connecticut Association of Schools has even recognized Jill’s exceptional work, bestowing her with two awards for her volunteerism in 2014 and 2017.
Legislative Awards and Distinctions:
- 2019 Legislator of the Year – Motor Transit Association of Connecticut
- 2019 Legislator of the Year – Connecticut Police Chiefs Association
- 2020 Luminary Award recipient – Connecticut River Valley Chamber of Commerce
- 2021 Legislator of the Year – Connecticut Police Chiefs Association
- 2021 Legislative Champion – Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- 2022 Leadership Award – Milan Cultural Association
- 100% CBIA scoreboard
- 100% Connecticut League of Conservation Voters
- Connecticut Association of Realtors
- Police Officers Association of Connecticut
- National Federation of Business
- Planned Parenthood