Our country continues to face a healthcare crisis, and the impact of Covid-19 makes it even more important that we ensure everyone has access to quality, affordable healthcare.
Jill also supported the bipartisan effort to provide support for first responders suffering from PTSD. She is committed to expanding these benefits to include Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
Improving Access to Quality Health Care
- Allowed pharmacists, in collaboration with your doctor, to adjust more medications without requiring as many in-person visits
- Established a statewide stroke registry
- Made $12M available for tobacco prevention and cessation
- Strengthened the state’s intervention and response to lead poisoning and prevention
- Expanded screenings for breast and cervical cancer
- Increased funding to our specialty care hospitals
- Ensured more psychiatric treatment beds
- Created new home visit pilot for newborns
- Continued telehealth options
- Extended employment protections to police officers that seek and receive mental health care services
If re-elected, Jill will support strong healthcare policies that include:
- Lowered costs for prescription medication.
- Protecting a woman’s right to choose